sports, stamps and estate Auction August 25th at 6:30pm
1. Experience. Almost 40 years and counting! Need we say more?
2. Knowledge. We are certified appraisers and “Maryland’s Busiest Auction” familiar with every aspect of the business, based on decades of “hands on” experience. Whether it’s an Appraisal, an Estate Auction or on Sale our broom swept service we know what we do and how to do it!
3. Affordability. Unlike most of our competitors none of our services are outsourced! This affords you the lowest commissions, labor rates and appraisal fees in the industry—often by half of their fees! And many of our services are billed—you pay no upfront costs!
4. Location. Our Historic Savage Mill Gallery is situated in Howard County,
Maryland’s richest county and the third wealthiest in the country. Our strategic
location, in between Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis, draws from Maryland’s
largest and most affluent customers. And our Gallery (within a circa 1841 building
no less) is surrounded by hundreds of antiques and craft shops, delicious restaurants and thousands of shoppers!
5. Facilities. Our permanent facility is rated one of the most beautiful in the State.
Exposed brick and beams, track lighting, comfortable seating, street level loading,
air conditioning, security cameras and carpeting! No rented hall here… Seller’s
love the comfort--Buyer’s love the fact that their purchases don’t have to “get it out that night…”
6. Our Staff. Dedicated and diligent our employees are our best asset—and most have been with us for decades! All share the same passion for customer care as we do.
7. Reputation. We have been around forever and have multiple buildings. We are not a “fly by night” or the “latest idea lately” venture---we are a serious family business. Our client list includes Liberty Mutual, Allstate, The Pentagon, The Blind Industries, The NAACP, Montgomery County Park System and hundreds of Law firms and Estate Representatives around the state!
8. Relevant. 80% of all merchandise comes directly from Estates, Downsizers and
Consignors --no old dealer stuff or reproductions here! While other auctioneers are struggling to find stuff to fill their auctions, our gallery is always filled to the brim with interesting and varied stuff, twice a week--every week!
9. One-stop Shopping. We serviced over 600 different clients in 2018 because our
proprietary services and unmatched versatility provides you efficient and economical service…
Need an Appraisal? Been there done that!
Need to liquidate Estate or personal property? That’s what we do!
Need a location? Yes—your place or ours!
Need “broom swept service?” Have trucks will haul!
10. Responsive. Call us! You will talk to an owner immediately and capable of
answering any questions you might have. And our turnaround times—whether it’s
an appraisal or auction are far quicker than most. As “Maryland’s Busiest Auction”
with twice a week Auctions, we can sell your consignment much faster. And our
Appraisal service offers the fastest turnaround in the industry—often 72 hours or
less! Thanks for reading and hope to see you at the Auction….
- John and Shelley